How to Register
To apply for access, you must be an insurance carrier registered with the New York State Workers' Compensation Board. (If you are a registered Workers' Compensation insurer, you have a "W" code; you have a "B" code if you are a Disability Benefits insurer.) If you are part of a carrier group, you must register for all the carriers in your group that do business with the Board.
If you are a TPA or any other entity reporting for an insurance carrier, before registering for access, you must have the carrier complete a registration naming you as the organization designated to view Proof of Coverage data on its behalf.
To apply via the Board's website for access to the Workers' Compensation Board's Insurance Compliance Inquiry, follow the steps below:
- Read Overview / Features for information about web access to Workers' Compensation Insurance Compliance Inquiry.
- Learn about the Minimum Technical Requirements your computer must meet to access to Workers' Compensation Insurance Compliance Inquiry.
- Designate an administrator in your organization.
- Each organization must designate a member of their organization to be their administrator. Read Insurance Compliance Inquiry Administrator's Responsibilities for more information about the role of the administrator. Please note: The administrator's name is required on the registration.
- Each user within the organization will need their own user ID and password. User ID's must not be shared.
If you have questions regarding completing the registration, you may contact the ITS Enterprise Service Desk. Be sure to indicate to the ITS Enterprise Service Desk that you would like help in applying to access Workers' Compensation Insurance Compliance Inquiry on the web.
If the Board has questions regarding your registration, the person noted as the administrator on the registration will be contacted.