The New York State Workers' Compensation Law requires employers to provide their employees with workers' compensation insurance coverage, with limited exceptions.
An employer will receive a Workers' Compensation Employer Inquiry Notice when the NYS Workers' Compensation Board has no record of coverage for that business for the period identified on the notice. This notice is also sent out when insurers advise the Board that coverage has been cancelled.
The web application, Response to Insurance Compliance Employer Notice, provides employers a secure and convenient way to respond to an inquiry notice. An employer can use this web application to:
- notify the Board of the employer’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN),
- edit the business name and address information, when needed,
- provide policy information,
- notify the Board of any change in business status
- explain why workers' compensation insurance coverage is either not secured or not needed, and
- print their response (which will contain the date their response was submitted to the Board).
Please be advised that all information submitted by an employer is subject to review and/or verification from an insurance carrier if policy information is submitted. Policy information will not be applied until confirmed by the insurance carrier.
If you have questions regarding the Workers' Compensation Employer Inquiry Notice, please call (866) 298-7830.
If you are having a problem with this application, please visit the password assistance and technical support page.