Trading Partner Registration is required of all parties sending claims data to the Board in the mandated IAIABC Claims Release 3.1 format. The Board has developed an Online Registration application to support this process. This will apply to both secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) and Web submissions. Registration will require one or two steps to complete.
When to Register
The Board has published an eClaims Test and Implementation Schedule.
Insurers, Self-Insured Employers, Group Insurers, Third-Party Administrators and Vendors should:
- Review the schedule to determine their expected implementation date
- Determine who should register as a trading partner/sender
- Register at least 60 days prior to their expected implementation date as published on this schedule.
Who Should Register
- Trading Partners - The sender is the trading partner and will be the party responsible for submitting data to the Board.
This may be an:
- Self-Insured Employer,
- Group Insurer, or
- Third-Party authorized by an insurance company, self-insured employer, or group, to administer claims on behalf of an insurer.
- Insurers and Self-Insured Employers are not required to register if using the services of a licensed Third-Party Administrator to send data, however, the Insurer/Self-Insured Employer retains the obligation of adhering to Board rules and statute.
- The Third-Party Administrator registers as the Sender and lists the insurer on the Trading Partner Insurer ID List page of the registration.
- Claim administrators (insurers and self-insured entities, including self-administered, or third-party administrators) who will use a vendor to transmit their data.
- Vendors - company offering a Claims EDI Release 3.1 related product and/or service for submitting claims data electronically.
There can be multiple relationships to support sending data to the Board electronically. It is important to understand the role of each participant.
Note: The Trading Partner will be the primary party the Board communicates with for processing issues related to New York's Requirement Tables.
Information Required on the Registration
Register for eClaims outlines the registration process and identifies the information that is required to complete the Trading Partner Registration.
Questions can be directed to: eClaimsTradingPartner@wcb.ny.gov