New York State Veterans' Services Law Article 3 governs the requirements for the participation of Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Businesses (SDVOBs) in New York State contracting. The goal of Article 3 is to encourage and support eligible SDVOBs to play a greater role in the state's economy by increasing their participation in New York State's contracting opportunities.
The Office of General Services Division of Service-Disabled Veterans' Business Development (DSDVBD) is responsible for certifying eligible SDVOBs and assisting and promoting their participation in the state's procurement activities. Information about the program and how to apply for certification is available at the Division of SDVBD website.
The Workers' Compensation Board ("WCB" or "Board") is committed to achieving the statewide goal of 6% participation for state contracts through the SDVOB Program and encourages participation of SDVOBs in WCB procurements.
In accordance with New York State Finance Law, the Board's procurement opportunities are published on the agency website and on the New York State Contract Reporter (NYSCR) website. The NYSCR is New York State's official publication of procurement activity for all state agencies. The Board encourages all businesses to register for free access to this resource.
WCB's Key Objectives for the SDVOB program are:
- To determine which procurement option, or combination of options, can best achieve the agency-specific goals for each procurement;
- To encourage and assist vendors that are engaged in contracting activities to find and award subcontracts to SDVOBs;
- To promote the business development of SDVOBs through education and outreach;
- To collect, review, monitor, and report on data pertaining to the utilization of SDVOBs; and
- To ensure continued progress toward the statewide SDVOB utilization goal of 6% established by New York State Veterans' Services Law Article 3.
A searchable Directory of NYS Certified SDVOBs is available. Contact the DSDVBD and request to be added to a distribution list to receive notification of directory updates via email.