Skip to Content

Workers’ Compensation Board

Search menu

Save the Date – COVID-19 and Workers’ Compensation Webinars

Advocate for Injured Workers

The Workers’ Compensation Board’s Advocate for Injured Workers regularly responds to questions from workers across New York State. Frequently asked questions will be published and archived here.

Do you have a question for the Advocate for Injured Workers?

Ask a Question

  • I got hurt at work so a doctor gave me sutures at an urgent care. Now, my employer is offering to pay that bill. Do I still need a workers' compensation claim?

    A workers' compensation claim must be reported to the Workers' Compensation Board by your employer or employer's insurance carrier because your on-the-job injury required medical treatment beyond ordinary first aid. A workers' compensation claim must be reported to the Board if you receive more than two first-aid treatments or if you receive medical treatment beyond basic first aid (and sutures are more than first aid). If the on-the-job injury caused you to miss a day of work, a claim must be reported to the Board. That report must be filed within 10 days of the accident.

    Under the law, in an instance when a report must be filed, employers cannot just pay expenses and be excused from reporting the injury to the Board. The reporting requirement in the statute is mandatory regardless of whether the employer pays the medical bill.

    When you have an on-the-job injury, tell your employer about it as soon as you can. Then, your employer must notify its insurer, and the insurer must report the injury to the Board in accordance with the reporting requirements in the statute.

    All on-the-job injuries must be recorded by your employer even if they don't meet the reporting requirements in the statute. An employer who refuses to file a report of your on-the-job injury or doesn't keep a record of the injury, as required by law, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars.

    Please see our publication, What To Expect When You File A Claim - Your Workers' Compensation Benefits.

    We also have a fact sheet that explains employers' responsibilities.

    If your claim is disputed, the Board will hold a hearing and protect your rights.

  • Dear Advocate: If I get injured at work, how much detail about what happened and my current work status should I give to my doctor?

    You should certainly let your doctor know your injury occurred due to your employment and how you were injured. Share any relevant details with the treating provider.

    Providers who treat injured workers are required to state whether they believe the patient became injured or ill while in the scope of their employment or while performing duties related to their job; and they will have to include their opinion in their medical report to the Board and the insurer.

    Your doctor will also need to indicate whether you are currently working in that report, which is also key.

    The third question the provider will answer in their report is how much your injury impairs your ability to work. This is called temporary impairment (or informally, degree of disability). It’s expressed as a percentage, from 0% (you’re well, no disability) to 100% (you’re unable to work). That percentage is one of the factors that determines your lost wage benefit. If the provider does not include this in the medical report, the insurer cannot calculate your lost wage benefit. Make certain this question is answered and be sure you know it, too.

    Providers are required to include all of this information in their medical reports. They are needed to establish your claim and ensure the providers are paid for their services to you. You’ll help your own claim by making sure this information is filed with the insurer and the Board. We wish you the best of health!

  • Dear Advocate: An emergency room doctor treated me right after I got hurt at work, but now my co-workers tell me any other treatment has to be done by a doctor who is Board-authorized. How do I know which doctors are authorized to treat my injury?

    Watch this short video Ask the Advocate for Injured Workers - Provider Search, or read on:

    Finding a Board-authorized health care provider is easy. The Board has an online directory of all Board-authorized health care providers available on the Health Care Provider and IME Search page.

    You can search for a provider by specialty or by last name in a geographical area. Search results are not Board recommendations of specific providers who should treat you. You should research what type of provider would be right for you and your individual situation. Note that when you use our directory, you will see information that was supplied by health care providers when they were first registered, so it’s a good idea to confirm their location when you contact them.

    The Board authorizes:

    • physicians
    • physician assistants
    • nurse practitioners
    • psychologists
    • licensed clinical social workers
    • acupuncturists
    • chiropractors
    • podiatrists
    • physical therapists
    • occupational therapists

    You can read about how this benefits New Yorkers on the Expanded Provider Law page.

    Need help with this?

    You can contact the Board’s Medical Director's Office at or by calling (800) 781-2362. (Press Option 2.)

  • Dear Advocate: I know I need to apply for workers' compensation but how do I do that? Do I just file a form and wait for my benefits to come?

    Watch this short video Ask the Advocate for Injured Workers: How To File A Claim, or read on:

    First, be sure to get medical care. You should also handle one of your most important responsibilities: notify your employer. Then, you can file Employee Claim (Form C-3); filing this isn't mandatory but it's a very good idea and a valuable protection for you. When you see your doctors or other providers, tell them your injury was work-related and pay attention to what the doctor advises you. Depending on the severity of the injury or illness, you may be able to work either because you're fully cleared or with some restrictions. (It's possible your employer may have transitional or light duty work for you until you're able to return to your usual duties).

    Note: The doctor who treats you must be one who is authorized by the Board, except in an emergency situation. You can find one using the Health Care Provider and IME Search on our website, or call (877) 632-4996.

    If lost wage benefits are payable, they should be sent to you within 18 calendar days of your incident or 10 calendar days after your employer first has knowledge of your accident, whichever is later. If this doesn't happen, call the Board at (877) 632-4996.

    عزيزي المحامي: أعرف أنني بحاجة إلى تقديم طلب للحصول على تعويض العمال، ولكن كيف يمكنني فعل ذلك؟ هل أقدم نموذجًا فحسب ثم أنتظر وصول إعاناتي؟

    أولاً، تأكد من الحصول على رعاية طبية. ويجب عليك أيضًا تأدية إحدى أهم مسؤولياتك، ألا وهي إخطار صاحب العمل الذي تعمل لديه. بعد ذلك يمكنك تقديم مطالبة الموظف (النموذج C-3)؛ وإن تقديم هذا النموذج ليس إلزاميًا، ولكنه فكرة جيدة للغاية، وحماية قيِّمة لك. حين تزور أطباءك أو مقدمي الرعاية الآخرين، أخبرهم أن إصابتك مرتبطة بالعمل، وانتبه لما ينصحك به الطبيب. وبناءً على شدة الإصابة أو المرض، فإما قد تتمكن من العمل لأنك أصبحت معافى تمامًا، وإما قد تعمل ولكن مع بعض القيود. (من الممكن أن يسند إليك صاحب العمل عملاً انتقاليًا مؤقتًا أو عملاً خفيفًا إلى أن تتمكن من العودة إلى ممارسة واجباتك المعتادة).

    ملحوظة: يجب أن يكون الطبيب الذي يعالجك مُعتمَدًا من المجلس، إلا في حالة الطوارئ. ويمكنك العثور على أحد الأطباء المعتمَدين باستخدام صفحة البحث عن مقدمي الرعاية الصحية وأخصائيي الفحص الطبي المستقلين على موقعنا الإلكتروني، أو اتصل هاتفيًا على الرقم ‎(877) 632-4996.

    إذا كانت إعانات الأجور الفائتة مستحقة الدفع، يجب أن تُرسَل إليك في غضون 18 يومًا تقويميًا من الحادث، أو 10 أيام تقويمية من معرفة صاحب العمل الخاص بك للمرة الأولى بحادثك، أيهما أبعد. وإذا لم يحدث هذا، فاتصل هاتفيًا بالمجلس على الرقم ‎(877) 632-4996.

    সম্মান্বিত আইনজীবী: আমি জানি আমাকে কর্মী ক্ষতিপূরণের জন্য আবেদন করতে হবে, তবে আমি কীভাবে সেটি করব? আমি কি শুধুমাত্র ফরমটি জমা দিয়ে আমার সুবিধা পাওয়ার অপেক্ষা করব?

    প্রথমে, চিকিৎসা সেবা পাওয়ার ব্যাপারে নিশ্চিত হন। আপনাকে আরো একটি জরুরি দায়িত্ব পালন করতে হবে: আপনার নিয়োগকর্তাকে জানানো। এরপর, আপনি কর্মীদের দাবি (ফরম C-3) জমা দিতে পারেন; এটি জমা দেওয়া আবশ্যক নয়, তবে এটি জন্য খুব ভালো একটি চিন্তা এবং আপনার জন্য একটি মূল্যবান সুরক্ষার উপায়। যখন আপনি আপনার ডাক্তার বা অন্যান্য প্রোভাইডারের সাথে সাক্ষাৎ করবেন, তখন তাদেরকে জানান যে আপনার আঘাতটি কাজের ফলে হয়েছে এবং ডাক্তার আপনাকে যে পরামর্শ দেন তা মনোযোগ দিয়ে শুনুন। আঘাত বা অসুস্থতার তীব্রতার উপর নির্ভর করে, আপনি হয়ত কাজ করতে পারবেন কারণ আপনি সম্পূর্ণরূপে বাধামুক্ত বা আপনার অল্প কিছু বিধিনিষেধ রয়েছে। (হতে পারে আপনি আপনার স্বাভাবিক দায়িত্বে ফিরে যেতে না পারা পর্যন্ত আপনার নিয়োগকর্তার আপনার জন্য পরিবর্তনযোগ্য বা হালকা কাজ নির্ধারণ করে দিতে পারেন)।

    দ্রষ্টব্য: জরুরি পরিস্থিতি ছাড়া, আপনার চিকিৎসাকারী ডাক্তারকে অবশ্যই বোর্ডের অনুমোদনপ্রাপ্ত হতে হবে। আপনি হেলথ কেয়ার প্রোভাইডার অ্যান্ড IME সার্চ এর মাধ্যমে আমাদের ওয়েবসাইটে, অথবা (877) 632-4996 নম্বরে কল করে এরকম একজন চিকিৎসক খুঁজে পেতে পারেন।

    যদি হারানো মজুরি সুবিধা প্রদেয় হয়, তাহলে তা আপনার দুর্ঘটনার 18 কর্ম দিবসের মধ্যে বা আপনার নিয়োগকর্তা আপনার দুর্ঘটনা সম্পর্কে প্রথম জানার 10 কর্ম দিবসের মধ্যে, যেটিই পরে হয়, আপনাকে পাঠাতে হবে। এরকম না হলে (877) 632-4996 নম্বরে বোর্ডকে কল করুন।

    Estimado Defensor: Sé que debo solicitar una compensación obrera, pero ¿cómo lo hao? ¿Solo tengo que presentar un formulario y esperar que lleguen los beneficios?

    Primero, debe asegurarse de recibir atención médica. También debe manejar una de sus responsabilidades más importantes: notificar a su empleador. Luego, puede presentar el Reclamo del Empleado (Formulario C-3); presentarlo no es obligatorio, pero es una muy buena idea y una valiosa protección para usted. Cuando vea a sus médicos u otros profesionales, dígales que su lesión estuvo relacionada con el trabajo y preste atención a lo que el médico le aconseja. Según la gravedad de la lesión o la enfermedad, es posible que pueda trabajar porque está totalmente autorizado o con algunas restricciones. (es posible que su empleado pueda tener un trabajo transitorio o ligero para usted hasta que sea capaz de regresar a sus tareas habituales).

    Nota: El médico que lo trate debe ser uno autorizado por la Junta, salvo en caso de emergencia. Puede encontrar uno mediante la Búsqueda de IME y de un Proveedor de la Atención Médica

    Si se pagan beneficios por salarios perdidos, debe recibirlos en un plazo de 18 días calendario desde su incidente o 10 días calendario luego de que su empleador tenga conocimiento de su accidente, lo que ocurra más tarde. Si esto no sucede, llame a la Junta al (877) 632-4996.

    Cher Défenseur, Je sais que je dois faire une demande d'indemnisation des accidents du travail, mais comment dois-je procéder ? Dois-je simplement remplir un formulaire et attendre que mes indemnités arrivent ?

    Tout d'abord, assurez-vous de recevoir des soins médicaux. Vous devez également vous acquitter de l'une de vos plus importantes responsabilités : avertir votre employeur. Ensuite, vous pouvez déposer une Demande d'employé (formulaire C-3); vous n'êtes pas tenu de le faire, mais vous y êtes encouragé, car il s'agit d'une protection précieuse pour vous. Lorsque vous consultez vos médecins ou d'autres prestataires, dites-leur que votre blessure est liée au travail et prêtez attention à ce que le médecin vous conseille. Selon la gravité de la blessure ou de la maladie, vous pouvez être en mesure de travailler, soit en y étant totalement autorisé, soit avec certaines restrictions. (Il est possible que votre employeur vous propose une charge de travail légère ou transitoire jusqu'à ce que vous soyez en mesure de reprendre vos fonctions habituelles).

    Remarque : Le médecin qui vous traite doit être un médecin habilité par la Commission des accidents du travail (Workers' Compensation Board, WCB), sauf en cas d'urgence. Vous pouvez en trouver un en utilisant la Recherche de prestataires de soins de santé et d'examens médicaux indépendants sur notre site Web, ou en appelant le (877) 632-4996.

    Si des indemnités pour perte de salaire sont payables, elles doivent vous être envoyées dans les 18 jours calendrier suivant l'incident ou dans les 10 jours calendrier suivant la date à laquelle votre employeur a eu connaissance de votre accident, la date la plus tardive étant retenue. Si ce n'est pas le cas, appelez la WCB au (877) 632-4996.

    Chè Defansè: Mwen konnen mwen dwe aplike pou benefisye konpansasyon aksidan travay yo men kijan mwen dwe fè sa? Èske mwen ap jis depoze yon fòm epi rete tann yo voye avantaj mwen yo?

    Avan tout bagay, asire ou resevwa swen medikal. Ou dwe okipe ou youn nan tach ou genyen ki plis enpòtan yo: avèti patwon ou an sa. Apresa, ou kapab depoze Fòm Reklamasyon pou Anplwaye (Fòm C-3); li pa obligatwa pou depoze anyen men se yon bon ide ak yon bon pwoteksyon pou ou. Lè ou ale konsilte doktè ou an oswa lòt pwofesyonèl swen sante yo, eksplike yo blesi ou an gen rapò ansanm ak travay ou epi pote anpil atansyon ak sa doktè ou an ap di yo. Selon degre blesi oswa maladi an, ou kapab gen posibilite pou travay swa ou gen tout otorizasyon oswa ou gen kèk restriksyon pou travay. (Si sa posib konpayi ou an kapab pwopoze ou yon travay tranzisyon oswa yon travay ki lejè jiskaske ou kapab reprann ak travay ou konn abitye fè yo.

    Remak: Doktè k ap fè tretman pou ou an dwe se yon doktè komisyon an bay otorizasyon, sof nan ka ki gen yon sitiyasyon ijans. Ou kapab jwenn youn pandan w ap itilize seksyon Rechèch Pwofesyonèl Swen Sante ak IME Search sou sitwèb nou an, oswa rele nan (877) 632-4996.

    Si y ap peye avantaj yo paske ou pèdi salè ou, ou ta dwe resevwa li nan nan 18 jou sivil pandan ensidan ou an oswa nan 10 jou sivil aprè konpayi ou an te okouran aksidan ou an, kèlkeswa dat ki pita a. Si sa pa rive fèt, rele Komisyon an nan (877) 632-4996.

    Caro Difensore, so che devo presentare richiesta di indennità per infortuni sul lavoro ma come faccio? Presento semplicemente un modulo e attendo l’arrivo dei miei sussidi?

    Innanzitutto, si accerti di ottenere assistenza medica. Deve anche gestire una delle sue più importanti responsabilità: comunicarlo al suo datore di lavoro. Successivamente, può presentare il modulo C-3, "Richiesta di indennità per il lavoratore” (Employee Claim, Form C-3); la presentazione di questo modulo non è obbligatoria ma è un’ottima idea e una preziosa tutela per lei. Quando si reca dai suoi medici o da altri fornitori, dica loro che l’infortunio è correlato al lavoro e presti attenzione ai consigli del medico. In base alla gravità dell’infortunio o della malattia, potrebbe essere in grado di lavorare grazie a un’autorizzazione completa o con alcune restrizioni. (È possibile che il suo datore di lavoro abbia incarichi provvisori o leggeri per lei finché non sarà in grado di tornare alle sue mansioni abituali.)

    Nota: il medico che la tratta deve rientrare fra quelli autorizzati dalla WCB, tranne in casi di emergenza. Può trovarne uno utilizzando la funzione "Cerca IME e fornitori di assistenza sanitaria" (Health Care Provider and IME Search) sul nostro sito web, o chiamando il numero (877) 632-4996.

    Se sono esigibili sussidi per le mancate retribuzioni, devono esserle inviati entro 18 giorni solari dal suo incidente o entro 10 giorni solari da quando il suo datore di lavoro è venuto per la prima volta a conoscenza del suo incidente, se successivo. Se ciò non avviene, contatti la WCB al numero (877) 632-4996.

    옹호관님께: 어떻게 산재보상을 신청해야 합니까? 단지 양식을 제출하고 급여가 제공될 때까지 기다리면 됩니까?

    먼저, 반드시 진료를 받으세요. 또한 가장 중요한 의무 중 하나로서 고용주에게 통지하셔야 합니다. 그런 다음, 근로자 청구서(Employee Claim)(양식 C-3)를 제출하실 수 있습니다. 이 양식을 제출할 의무는 없지만 아주 좋은 생각이며 중요한 보호책입니다. 의사나 다른 제공자를 만날 때, 업무상 상해임을 알리고 그들의 조언을 귀담아 들으세요. 상해 또는 질병의 심각성에 따라 완전히 회복되거나 일부 제약을 가진 채로 업무에 복귀할 수도 있습니다. (일상 업무로 복귀할 수 있을 때까지 고용주가 임시 또는 가벼운 업무를 배정할 수도 있습니다).

    참조: 응급 상황을 제외하고, 치료한 의사는 Board의 승인을 받은 의사여야 합니다. 저희 웹사이트에서 의료 제공자 및 IME 검색을 사용하거나 (877) 632-4996번에 전화하여 승인된 의사를 찾으실 수 있습니다.

    손실된 임금 급여가 지불되어야 하는 경우, 사고일로부터 달력상 18일 이내 또는 고용주가 청구인의 사고를 처음 알게 된 날로부터 10일 내 중에서 더 나중에 도래하는 날짜까지 청구인에게 급여를 보내야 합니다. 이 기일 내에 지급되지 않은 경우, Board에 (877) 632-4996번으로 연락하세요.

    Drogi rzeczniku! Wiem, że muszę ubiegać się o odszkodowanie pracownicze, ale jak mam to zrobić? Czy mam po prostu złożyć formularz i czekać aż otrzymam świadczenia?

    Przede wszystkim należy zgłosić się po pomoc do lekarza. Należy również wywiązać się z jednego ze swoich najważniejszych obowiązków: powiadomić swojego pracodawcę. Następnie można złożyć formularz Roszczenie pracownicze (formularz C-3) (Employee Claim); zgłoszenie roszczenia nie jest obowiązkowe, ale naprawdę warto to zrobić, ponieważ zapewnia to pracownikowi cenną ochronę. Podczas wizyty u lekarza lub innych świadczeniodawców, należy poinformować, że obrażenia były związane z pracą i zwrócić uwagę na zalecenia lekarza. W zależności od nasilenia obrażenia lub choroby, pracownik może być w stanie pracować, ponieważ uzyska zgodę na pełny powrót do pracy lub na pracę z pewnymi ograniczeniami. (Możliwe, że pracodawca zapewni pracownikowi pracę przejściową lub lekką, dopóki nie będzie on mógł wrócić do swoich zwykłych obowiązków).

    Uwaga! Lekarz zajmujący się leczeniem pracownika musi być upoważniony przez Komisję, z wyjątkiem sytuacji nagłych. Informacje o takich lekarzach można znaleźć na naszej stronie internetowej Wyszukiwanie świadczeniodawców opieki zdrowotnej i możliwości wykonania niezależnego badania lekarskiego (Health Care Provider and IME Search) lub dzwoniąc pod numer (877) 632-4996.

    Jeśli pracownikowi należą się świadczenia z tytułu utraconych zarobków, powinny one zostać przesłane w ciągu 18 dni kalendarzowych od zdarzenia lub 10 dni kalendarzowych po uzyskaniu przez pracodawcę po raz pierwszy informacji o wypadku, w zależności od tego, co nastąpi później. W razie nieotrzymania świadczeń należy zadzwonić do Komisji pod numer (877) 632-4996.

    Уважаемый советник! Я знаю, что мне нужно подать заявление на компенсацию работнику, но как мне это сделать? Мне нужно просто отправить форму и ждать получения пособия?

    Сначала обязательно получите медицинскую помощь. Вы также должны выполнить одну из ваших важнейших обязанностей: уведомить своего работодателя. Затем вы можете подать Требование работника (форма C-3). Подавать эту форму не обязательно, но это полезно и создает дополнительное средство защиты для вас. При обращении к врачам или другим поставщикам услуг сообщайте им, что это производственная травма, и внимательно слушайте рекомендации врача. В зависимости от серьезности травмы или заболевания вы либо сможете работать в полном объеме после полного выздоровления, либо с некоторыми ограничениями. (Ваш работодатель может предложить вам работу с временными или облегченными обязанностями до тех пор, пока вы не сможете вернуться к своим обычным обязанностям.)

    Примечание. За исключением экстренных ситуаций, вы должны получать лечение у врача, одобренного Советом. Для поиска такого врача используйте функцию Поиск поставщиков медицинских услуг и независимых судебно-медицинских экспертов (IME) на нашем сайте или позвоните по телефону (877) 632-4996.

    Если вам полагается пособие за потерянную заработную плату, вы должны получить его в течение 18 календарных дней после несчастного случая или в течение 10 календарных дней после того, как ваш работодатель впервые узнал о вашем несчастном случае, в зависимости от того, какая дата наступила позже. Если этого не произошло, позвоните в Совет по телефону (877) 632-4996.

    محترم وکیل: میں جانتا ہوں کہ مجھے کارکنان کے معاوضے کے لیے درخواست جمع کروانی ہے لیکن میں یہ کیسے کروں؟ کیا مجھے صرف فارم جمع کروانا ہے اور اپنے فوائد حاصل کرنے کا انتظار کرنا ہے؟

    اولاً، طبی نگہداشت حاصل کرنے کو یقینی بنائیں۔ آپ کو اپنی ذمہ داریوں میں سے سب سے اہم ایک ذمہ داری بھی لازمی پوری کرنی چاہیئے: اپنے آجر کو اطلاع دیں۔ اس کے بعد، آپ ملازم کا دعویٰ (فارم C-3)دائر کر سکتے ہیں؛ اس کو دائر کرنا لازمی نہیں ہے لیکن یہ بہت اچھا خیال ہے اور آپ کے لیے اہم تحفظ ہے۔ جب آپ اپنے ڈاکٹرز یا دیگر فراہم کنندگان سے ملاقات کرتے ہیں، تو ان کو بتائیں کہ آپ کی چوٹ جائے کار سے متعلق تھی اور آپ کا ڈاکٹر جو مشورہ دیتا ہے اس پر عمل کریں۔ چوٹ یا بیماری کی شدت کی بنیاد پر، یا تو آپ کو کام کی مکمل طور اجازت مل جائے گی یا کچھ پابندیوں کے ساتھ کام کرنے کے قابل ہو سکتے ہیں۔ (یہ ممکن ہے کہ آپ کا آجر تب تک آپ کو عارضی یا کم ڈیوٹی کے حامل کام دے جب تک کہ آپ اپنے معمول کے فرائض میں واپس آنے کے قابل نہیں ہوتے)۔

    نوٹ فرمائیں: آپ کا علاج کرنے والا ڈاکٹر لازماً بورڈ کی جانب سے مجاز کردہ ہو، سوائے ہنگامی صورت حال کے۔ آپ ہماری ویب سائٹ پر نگہداشتِ صحت کا فراہم کنندہ اور IME کی تلاش استعمال کر کے یا (877) 632-4996 پر کال کر کے ایک تلاش کر سکتے ہیں۔

    اگر ضائع شدہ اجرت کے فوائد قابل ادائیگی ہیں، تو یہ حادثے کے 18 کیلنڈر دنوں کے اندر یا آپ کے حادثے کی آجر کو فوری خبر ہونے کے بعد 10 دنوں تک آپ کو پہنچا دیے جانے چاہیئیں، جو بھی بعد میں ہو۔ اگر ایسا نہیں ہوتا، تو (877) 632-4996 پر بورڈ کو کال کریں۔

    דעאַר (Dear) אַדװאָקאַט: איך ווייס אַז איך דאַרפֿ זיך צולייגן פֿאַר אַרבעטער פֿאַרגיטיקונג אָבער ווי טאָן איך דאָס? צי זאָל איך נאָר פֿאָרלייגן אַ פֿאָרעם און וואַרטן פֿאַר מיין בענעפֿיץ צו קומען?

    צום ערשט, מאַכט זיכער צו באַקומען מעדיציניש זאָרג. איר זאָל אויך האַןדלען מיט איינער פֿון אייער מערסט וויכטיק אַכרייַעס: געבן צו וויסן אייער באַלעבאָס פֿון דער סיטואַציע. דערנאָך קענט איר פּלאָמבירן אויס אָנגעשטעלטער פֿאָדערן (פֿאָרעם C-3); דאָס איז נישט פֿאַרלאַנגט, אָבער דאָס איז אַ זייער גוט געדאַנק און אַ ווערטפֿול שוץ פֿאַר אייך. ווען איר זעט אייער דאקטוירים אָדער אַנדערע פּראַוויידערז, דערציילט זיי אַז אייער שאָדן איז געווען אַרבעט-פֿאַרבונדען און הערט זיך איין צו וואָס דער דאָקטער רעקאָמענדירן אייך. אָפֿענגיק פֿון די שטרענגקייַט פֿון די שאָדן אָדער קראַנקייַט, איר קענט זיין ביכולת צו אַרבעטן אָדער ווייַל איר זענט גאָר באַשטעטיגט צו אַרבעטן אָדער מיט עטלעכע באַגרענעצונגען. (עס איז מעגלעך אַז אייער באַלעבאָס קען האָבן טראַנזישאַנאַל אָדער גרינג אָנשטרענגונגס אַרבעט פֿאַר אייך ביז איר קענט צוריקקומען צו אייער געוויינטלעך פֿליכטנ).

    באַמערקוּנג: דער דאָקטאר וואָס באַהאַנדלט אייך מוז זיין איינער וואָס איז באַשטעטיגט דורך די באָרד, אחוץ אין אן נויטפֿאַל סיטואַציע. איר קענט געפֿינען איינער מיט די געזונט זאָרגן פּראַוויידער און IME זוך אויף אונדזער וועבזייטל, אָדער רופֿן (877) 632-4996.

    אויב פֿאַרפֿאַלן לוין בענעפֿיץ דאַרפֿן צו זיין באַצאָלט, זיי זאָלן צו אייך געשיקט װערן אין 18 קאַלענדאַר טעג פֿון אייער ומגליק אָדער 10 קאַלענדאַר טעג נאָך װען אייער באַלעבאָס האָט ערשטיק געהערט פֿון אייער ומגליק, וועלכער איז שפּעטער. אויב דאָס טוט נישט פּאַסירן, ביטע רופֿן די באָרד אונטער (877) 632-4996.


    首先,一定要獲得醫療護理。您還應該完成您最重要的責任之一:告知您的雇主。然後,您可以提交《員工索賠表》(表格 C-3;提交這份表格不是強制性的,但這麼做是一個很好的主意,可為您提供有價值的保護。當您與您的醫生或其他提供者見面時,告訴他們您受的傷與工作有關,認真聆聽醫生給您的建議。取決於所受傷害或疾病的嚴重程度,您也許能夠因為獲得完全允許或在有一些限制條件的情況下返回工作崗位。(您的雇主或許能讓您做過渡性或輕負荷的工作,直到您能夠返回您的常規工作職能)。

    請注意:為您提供治療的醫生必須經委員會授權,除非是在緊急情況下。您可以使用我們網站上的醫療保健提供者和 IME 搜索,或者撥打 (877) 632-4996。

    若有應付工資損失,應該會在您的事故之日後 18 個日曆日或您的雇主最初知曉您的事故之日後 10 個日曆日(取兩者中較晚的一項)內發給您。如果沒有收到付款,請撥打 (877) 632-4996 聯繫委員會。

  • Dear Advocate: I think I was exposed to COVID-19 at work. When I came down with COVID-19, I received paid sick leave and returned to the job. Can I also file a claim for workers' compensation?

    Yes, you can - and should - file a claim! If you believe you were exposed to COVID-19 at your job and contracted it, file a claim. Workers' compensation includes medical care for that illness or injury for the rest of your life. That means health care would be available at no cost to you if you have long-term effects in the coming months and years. Remember, after a workplace injury or illness, you have two years to file. When you file, you'll also have to submit your PCR test result and any medical reports. To find out more, including how to file a claim, read COVID-19 & Workers' Compensation Q&A.

  • Dear Advocate: If I get hurt on the job or sick from my job, do I have to tell my boss about it? Do I need to file a claim or does the employer do that for me? Are there time limits I should know?

    Notifying your employer and filing a claim are two separate things. If you have an injury or an illness from your job:

    • Tell your employer in writing within 30 days of the incident. A document or an email are the best ways to do that. (A text message might be difficult to find if you ever need to show it.) Your employer must then notify its insurer of the incident, because the insurer must file a notice with the NYS Workers' Compensation Board. That is mandatory.
    • You may also file a claim with the Board, within two years from the date of the injury or illness. You can do that online by using Form C-3 (Employee's Claim for Compensation) or you can download and mail a paper copy of the Form C-3 to the Board. Filing your own Form C-3 is not mandatory but it is a very good idea. Be sure to tell any health care providers who treat you that your injury or illness is due to your employment.
  • Dear Advocate: I worked at Ground Zero on 9/11 and in the days that followed. Are there any benefits or help if I ever come down with an illness related to my work there?

    If you participated in the rescue, recovery and clean-up of the World Trade Center and associated sites, you may be eligible for workers' compensation benefits. You must register with the New York State Workers' Compensation Board by filing Form WTC-12; the deadline is September 11, 2026. This registration will preserve your right to file a future claim for workers' compensation benefits for the rest of your life. More information is available here.

    You could also be eligible for medical care and compensation for economic loss if you were present during the attacks or were in the impacted area. The World Trade Center Health Programs and the federal September 11 Victim Compensation Fund are outside New York State's workers' compensation system, so you would have to apply to them separately. Links to those benefits are also found here.

    عزيزي المحامي: لقد كنت أعمل في Ground Zero في 9/11 والأيام التالية له. هل هناك أي إعانات أو مساعدات إذا لحق بي مرض جرَّاء عملي هناك؟

    إذا شاركت في إنقاذ مركز التجارة العالمي والمواقع المرتبطة به وإنعاشه من الكارثة وتنظيفها، فقد تكون مستحقًا للحصول على إعانات تعويض العمال. يجب عليك التسجيل في مجلس تعويض العمال بولاية نيويورك عن طريق تقديم النموذج WTC-12؛ والموعد النهائي هو 11 سبتمبر 2026. هذا التسجيل سيحافظ على حقك في تقديم مطالبة مستقبلية للحصول على إعانات تعويض العمال لبقية حياتك. ستجد المزيد من المعلومات متوفرًاهنا.

    يمكن كذلك أن تكون مستحقًا للحصول على رعاية طبية وتعويض عن الخسارة الاقتصادية وذلك إذا كنت موجودًا أثناء الهجمات أو كنت في المنطقة المتضررة. علمًا بأن البرامج الصحية لمركز التجارة العالمي والصندوق الفيدرالي لتعويض ضحايا 11 سبتمبر تقع خارج نظام تعويض العمال بولاية نيويورك، لذلك يجب عليك التقدم بطلب لها على نحو منفصل. يمكنك العثور على روابط لتلك الإعانات هنا أيضًا.

    সম্মান্বিত আইনজীবী: 9/11 ও পরবর্তী দিনগুলোতে আমি গ্রাউন্ড জিরোতে কাজ করেছি। সেখানে কাজ করার ফলে যদি আমি কখনো কোনো অসুস্থতার মুখোমুখি হয়ে থাকি, তাহলে কি আমি কোনো সুবিধা বা সহায়তা পাবো?

    আপনি যদি ওয়ার্ল্ড ট্রেড সেন্টার ও তার সংশ্লিষ্ট সাইটগুলোতে উদ্ধার, পুনরুদ্ধার ও পরিষ্কার-পরিচ্ছন্নতার কাজে অংশগ্রহণ করে থাকেন, তাহলে আপনি কর্মীদের ক্ষতিপূরণ সুবিধার জন্য যোগ্য হতে পারেন। আপনাকে অবশ্যই ফরম WTC-12 জমা দিয়ে নিউ ইয়র্ক স্টেট ওয়ার্কার্স কম্পেনসেশন বোর্ডে নিবন্ধন করতে হবে; এর সময়সীমা সেপ্টেম্বর 11, 2026। এই নিবন্ধনের ফলে আপনার বাকি জীবনের জন্য কর্মীদের ক্ষতিপূরণ সুবিধা দাবি করার অধিকার সংরক্ষিত হবে। আরো তথ্য এখানে পাবেন।

    আপনি যদি আক্রমণের সময় উপস্থিত থেকে থাকেন বা প্রভাবিত এলাকায় থেকে থাকেন, তাহলে আপনি চিকিৎসা সেবা ও অর্থনৈতিক ক্ষতির জন্য ক্ষতিপূরণেরও যোগ্য হতে পারেন। ওয়ার্ল্ড ট্রেড সেন্টার হেলথ প্রোগ্রাম এবং ফেডারেল সেপ্টেম্বর 11 ভিক্টিম কম্পেনসেশন ফান্ড নিউ ইয়র্ক স্টেটস ওয়ার্কার্স কম্পেনসেশন সিস্টেমের বাইরে, তাই আপনাকে সেগুলোর জন্য আলাদাভাবে আবেদন করতে হবে। এই সুবিধাগুলোতে আবেদন করার লিংক পাবেন এখানে

    Estimado Defensor: Trabajé en Zona Cero el 9/11 y en los días posteriores. ¿Hay algún beneficio o asistencia si alguna vez contraigo una enfermedad relacionada con mi trabajo ahí?

    Si participó en el rescate, recuperación y limpieza del World Trade Center y los sitios asociados, puede ser elegible para recibir beneficios de compensación obrera. Debe registrarse con la Junta de Compensación Obrera del Estado de Nueva York presentando un Formulario WTC-12; la fecha límite es el 11 de septiembre de 2026. Esta inscripción preservará su derecho a presentar un futuro reclamo por beneficios de compensación obrera para el resto de su vida. Encuentre más información disponible aquí.

    También podría ser elegible para la atención médica y una compensación por pérdida económica si estuvo presente durante los ataques o en la zona afectada. Los Programas de Salud del World Trade Center y el Fondo de Compensación para las Víctimas del 11 de septiembre federal están fuera del sistema de compensación obrera del Estado de Nueva York, por lo que tendría que solicitarlos por separado. También puede encontrar enlaces a dichos beneficios aquí


    Cher Défenseur, J’ai travaillé à Ground Zero le 11 septembre et dans les jours qui ont suivi. Existe-t-il des prestations ou une aide si je suis atteint d’une maladie liée à mon travail là-bas ?

    Si vous avez participé aux opérations de sauvetage, de récupération et de nettoyage du World Trade Center et des sites associés, vous avez peut-être droit à des indemnités pour accident du travail. Vous devez vous inscrire auprès de la Commission des accidents du travail de l’État de New York en remplissant le formulaire WTC-12 ; la date limite est le 11 septembre 2026. Cette inscription préservera votre droit de déposer une demande future d’indemnités pour accident du travail pour le reste de votre vie. De plus amples informations sont disponibles ici.

    Vous pourriez également avoir droit à des soins médicaux et à une indemnisation pour perte économique si vous étiez présent lors des attaques ou si vous vous trouviez dans la zone touchée. Les Programmes de santé du World Trade Center et le Fonds fédéral d’indemnisation des victimes du 11 septembre ne font pas partie du système d’indemnisation des accidents du travail de l’État de New York, vous devez donc les solliciter séparément. Vous trouverez également des liens vers ces prestations ici.

    Chè Defansè: Mwen te travay nan Ground Zero nan dat 9/11 lan epi pandan jou ki swiv yo. Èske genyen avantaj oswa yon èd si mwen ta vin yon maladi nan kad travay mwen an?

    Si ou te patisipe nan operasyon sovtaj, restorasyon ak netwayaj World Trade Center ansanm ak zòn ki nan antouraj li yo, ou kapab elijib pou benefisye avantaj konpansasyon aksidan travay yo. Ou dwe anrejistre nan Komisyon Konpansasyon Aksidan Travay Eta New York lan pandan w ap depoze Fòm WTC-12; dat limit lan se pou 11 septanm 2026. Enskripsyon sa a pral konsève dwa ou genyen pou depoze yon reklamasyon alavni pou avantaj konpansasyon aksidan travay pou tout rès lavi ou. Gen plis enfòmasyon ki disponib la.

    Ou kapab elijib tou pou benefisye swen medikal ansanm ak konpansasyon pou yon pèt ekonomik si ou te prezan pandan atak yo oswa si ou te nan yon zòn ki te touche. Pwogram Sante World Trade Center yo ansanm ak Fon Federal Konpansasyon pou Viktim 11 septanm yo pa fè pati sistèm konpansasyon aksidan travay Eta New York an, kidonk ou dwe solisite yo apa. W ap jwenn lyen pou benefisye avantaj sa yo latou.

    Caro Difensore, ho lavorato a Ground Zero l’11 settembre e nei giorni a seguire. Ci sono eventuali sussidi o aiuti qualora dovessi sviluppare una malattia correlata al lavoro da me svolto lì?

    Se ha preso parte alle operazioni di soccorso, recupero e bonifica del World Trade Center e dei siti associati, potrebbe essere idoneo/a ai sussidi di indennità per lavoratori. Deve registrarsi con la Workers’ Compensation Board dello Stato di New York presentando il modulo WTC-12; la scadenza è l’11 settembre 2026. Questa registrazione tutelerà per il resto della sua vita il suo diritto a presentare in futuro una richiesta di sussidi di indennità per lavoratori. Sono disponibili maggiori informazioni qui.

    Potrebbe anche essere idoneo/a all’assistenza medica e all’indennità per perdita economica se era presente durante gli attacchi o si trovava nell’area colpita. Il World Trade Center Health Program e il September 11 Victim Compensation Fund federale sono esterni al sistema di indennità per i lavoratori dello Stato di New York, pertanto dovrà presentare una richiesta separata per ciascuno di essi. Si possono trovare i link a questi sussidi anche qui.

    옹호관님께: 저는 9/11 사태 및 이후에 그라운드 제로에서 근무했습니다. 그런 경우, 업무와 관련된 질병에 걸리게 되면, 어떤 혜택이나 도움이 있습니까?

    세계무역센터 및 관련 현장의 구조, 복구 및 정화에 참여한 경우, 산재보상 혜택의 자격이 되실 수 있습니다. 반드시 양식 WTC-12를 제출하여 뉴욕주 Workers' Compensation Board에 등록하셔야 합니다. 마감일은 2026년 9월 11일입니다. 등록하실 경우, 근로자의 남은 생애 동안 산재보상 혜택의 향후 청구권을 보호받게 됩니다. 자세한 정보는 여기를 참조하세요.

    공격 당시에 그곳 또는 영향받은 구역에 있었던 경우, 의료 및 경제적 손실에 대한 보상 자격이 있을 수 있습니다. 세계무역센터 건강 프로그램(World Trade Center Health Programs) 및 연방 9/11 희생자 보상 기금(September 11 Victim Compensation Fund)은 뉴욕주 산재 보상 체계와는 별도이므로 따로 해당 기관에 신청하셔야 합니다. 그러한 혜택에 대한 링크는 여기를 참조하세요.

    Drogi rzeczniku! Pracowałem(-am) w Strefie Zero w dniu 11 września i w następnych dniach. Czy należą mi się jakieś świadczenia lub pomoc, jeśli kiedykolwiek zachoruję w związku z moją pracą w tym miejscu?

    Osoby, które brały udział w akcji ratunkowej, usuwaniu skutków katastrofy lub czynnościach porządkowych na terenie World Trade Center i powiązanych obiektów, mogą kwalifikować się do świadczeń z funduszu odszkodowań pracowniczych. Należy zarejestrować się w Komisji ds. Odszkodowań Pracowniczych w stanie Nowy Jork składając Formularz WTC-12; termin złożenia formularza upływa 11 września 2026 r. Rejestracja pozwoli zachować prawo do złożenia w przyszłości wniosku o odszkodowanie pracownicze do końca życia. Więcej informacji można znaleźć tutaj.

    Osoby obecne na miejscu w chwili ataków lub przebywające na tym terenie mogą również kwalifikować się do uzyskania opieki medycznej i odszkodowania za straty ekonomiczne. Programy Zdrowotne związane z World Trade Center i federalny Fundusz Odszkodowań dla Ofiar 11 Września są poza systemem odszkodowań dla pracowników stanu Nowy Jork, więc wnioski do nich należy składać oddzielnie. Linki do tych świadczeń można również znaleźć tutaj.

    Уважаемый советник! Я работал(а) на нулевом уровне 11 сентября и в последующие дни. Полагается ли мне пособие или помощь, если у меня будет заболевание, связанное с моей работой там?

    Если вы участвовали в поисково-спасательных работах и расчистке мусора на месте Всемирного торгового центра и связанных участках, вы можете иметь право на компенсационное пособие работнику. Вы должны зарегистрироваться в Совете по компенсациям работникам штата Нью-Йорк (WCB), подав форму WTC-12 не позднее 11 сентября 2026 года. Эта регистрация сохранит вам право на подачу в будущем требования на компенсацию работнику в течение всей вашей жизни. Подробную информацию можно прочитать здесь.

    Вы также можете иметь право на медицинскую помощь и компенсацию за экономический убыток, если вы присутствовали при атаках или находились в пострадавшей зоне. Программы World Trade Center Health Programs и федеральный Фонд компенсации жертвам 11 сентября (September 11th Victim Compensation Fund) существуют вне рамок системы компенсации работникам штата Нью-Йорк, поэтому вы должны подавать эти заявления отдельно. Ссылки на эти пособия также приведены здесь

    محترم وکیل: میں نے 9/11 اور اس کے بعد کے دنوں میں نے گراؤنڈ زیرو میں کام کیا تھا۔ اگر میں وہاں اپنے کیے گئے کام سے متعلق کبھی کمزوری کا شکار ہو جاؤں، تو کیا کسی قسم کے فوائد یا مدد ملے گی؟

    اگر آپ نے ورلڈ ٹریڈ سینٹر اور منسلکہ سائٹس پر بچاؤ، بحالی اور صفائی کے عمل میں شرکت کی تھی، تو آپ کارکنان کے معاوضے کے فوائد کے لیے اہل ہو سکتے ہیں۔ آپ کو نیو یارک اسٹیٹ ورکرز کمپنسیشن بورڈ میں فارم WTC-12 دائر کر کے لازمی رجسٹر ہونا چاہیئے؛ آخری تاریخ 11 ستمبر 2026 ہے۔ یہ رجسٹریشن کارکنان کے معاوضے کے فوائد کے لیے مستقبل میں کوئی دعویٰ دائر کرنے کا آپ کا حق زندگی بھر محفوظ رکھے گی۔ مزید معلومات یہاں دستیاب ہیں۔

    اگر آپ حملوں کے دوران موجود تھے یا کسی متاثرہ علاقے میں تھے، تو آپ طبی نگہداشت اور معاشی خسارے کے لئے معاوضے کے بھی اہل ہو سکتے ہیں۔ ورلڈ ٹریڈ سینٹر ہیلتھ پروگرامز اور فیڈرل ستمبر 11 وکٹم کمپنسیشن فنڈ، نیو یارک اسٹیٹ ورکرز کمپنسیشن سسٹم سے الگ ہیں، تو آپ کو ان کے لیے الگ الگ درخواست کرنا ہو گی۔ ان فوائد کے لنکس یہاں سے بھی معلوم کیے جا سکتے ہیں۔

    דעאַר (Dear) אַדװאָקאַט: איך האָב געאַרבעט אין גראונד זירו אויף 9/11 און אין די טעג דערנאָך. זענען דאָ בענעפֿיץ אָדער הילף אויב איך וועט אלץ קומען אַראָפּ מיט אַ קראַנקייַט שייַכות צו מיין אַרבעט דאָרטן?

    אויב איר האָט אָנטייל גענומען אין די ראַטוניק, אָפּזוך און רייניקונג פֿון די וועלט האַנדעל צענטער און פֿאַרבונדן ערטער, איר קענט זיין באַרעכטיגט פֿאַר אַרבעטער פֿאַרגיטיקונגס בענעפֿיץ. איר מוזט אייך רעגיסטרירן מיט די ניו יארק סטעיט אַרבעטער פֿאַרגיטיקונגס באָרד דורך פֿאָרלייגן פֿון (פֿאָרעם WTC-12); דער אָפּשניט פּונט טערמין איז 11 סעפּטעמבער 2026. די רעגיסטראַציע וועט אַפּהיטן אייער רעכט פֿאָרצולייגן אַ צוקונפֿטיגע פֿאָדערן פֿאַר אַרבעטער פֿאַרגיטיקונגס בענעפֿיטן פֿאַר די די מנוחה פֿון אייער לעבן. מער אינפֿאָרמאַציע איז בנימצאַ דאָ.

    איר קענט אויך זיין באַרעכטיגט פֿאַר מעדיציניש זאָרג און פֿאַרגיטיקונג פֿאַר עקאָנאָמיש אָנווער אויב איר זעןט געווען דאָ בעשאַס די אַטאַקס אָדער זעט געווען אין די באַטראָפֿענע געגנט. די וועלט האַנדעל צענטער געזונט פּראָגראַמען און די פֿעדעראלע 11 סעפּטעמבער קאָרבן קאָמפּענסאַטיאָן פֿאַנד זענען אַרויס פֿון די ניו יארק סטעיט אַרבעטער פֿאַרגיטיקונגס סיסטעם, און אַזוי איר וואָלט דאַרפֿן זיך צולייגן צו זיי אָפּגעזונדערטדיק. לינקס צו די בענעפֿיץ קענען אויך זיין געפֿונען דאָ.

    尊敬的權益代表:我曾於 9 月 11 日以及之後的日子裡在 Ground Zero 工作。如果我曾患上與在那裡工作相關的疾病,是否有任何福利或幫助?

    如果您曾參與世界貿易中心和相關場地的救援、恢復或清理工作,您可能有資格獲得工傷賠償福利。您必須通過提交表格 WTC-12 在紐約州 Workers' Compensation Board 登記;該申請的截止日期是 2026 年 9 月 11 日。完成這項登記可使您保留餘生提交工傷賠償福利之未來索賠的權利。詳情見此處

    如果您在襲擊事件發生時在現場或在受影響的區域,您還可能有資格獲得醫療護理和經濟損失賠償。世界貿易中心醫療計劃和聯邦 9 月 11 日受害者賠償基金不在紐約州工傷賠償系統之內,您也因此可以單獨申請這些計劃。這些福利的連結見此

  • Dear Advocate: I was injured on the job a few months ago, I can’t work yet and I’m getting my lost wage benefit payments. Do I have to keep seeing my doctor?

    Injured workers who are considered temporarily disabled should see their treating providers every 90 days for that provider to give an opinion on how disabled you are, what we call your degree of disability. Degree of disability ranges from 0% (none) to 100% (totally disabled at that time). This is important because the amount of your benefit payment is based on how disabled you are. It’s also important because if an injured worker doesn’t see a treating provider every 90 days, there may not be evidence of an ongoing disability, and the insurance payer could ask the Board to suspend lost-wage benefit payments as a result.

    This does not apply to workers who have been formally classified as permanently disabled.

  • Dear Advocate: I think I got COVID-19 from my job. Can I get workers’ comp for that?

    We’re sorry to hear this has happened. Yes, depending on the facts, you may receive workers’ compensation benefits in New York State due to COVID-19 exposure. You should tell your employer, who must notify its workers’ compensation insurer about this. That insurer will then notify the Board, and your claim should begin.

    You should also file a claim and make sure to get the medical care you need. Tell the health care providers you believe this is a work-related incident and discuss the specifics of your job with them. We have some information specifically about COVID-19 claims, too. You can read the fact sheet: COVID-19 & Workers' Compensation Q&A and also view a short but helpful video: COVID-19 & Workers' Compensation.

    You can also contact the Board for help. We wish you the best of health.

  • Dear Advocate: Can you receive workers’ compensation benefits if you get COVID-19 while working? If so, how do you file?

    Yes, workers can receive benefits if they are exposed to COVID-19 due to their employment. Please see this short video for an explanation and the filing process.

  • Dear Advocate: What is the difference between workers’ compensation and disability benefits insurance?

    Workers’ compensation insurance provides lost wage benefits and medical treatment should employees become injured or ill because of their work. Generally, all employees are covered for workers’ compensation.

    Disability benefits insurance provides temporary cash benefits to employees who become injured or ill outside of their employment and are unable to work. Generally, most employees who work for private employers are covered for disability benefits after working four weeks for that employer. Public employers may voluntarily provide coverage to their employees.

  • Dear Advocate: How long do you have to be out of work due to a work-related injury or illness in order to receive workers’ comp lost wage benefits?

    To receive lost wage benefits, you must lose at least eight days of work following your work-related injury or illness. However, if you lose 15 days, you can receive lost wage benefits back to Day 1. The table below shows which days of lost time are eligible for lost wage benefits.

    Number of Calendar Days Lost From Work Days for Which Lost Wage Benefits Are Payable
    0 – 7 No days
    8 – 14 Days 8 – 14
    15+ Days 1 – 15+

    Cash benefits are not paid for the first seven days of the disability following your work-related injury or illness, unless the disability period extends beyond 14 days. In that case, you may receive cash benefits from the first day of missed work.