Many insurance carriers are having their staff work from home during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency. To accommodate this situation, the Board has changed its guidance on submitting medical bills and attached reports. Please use the following guidelines:
Attaching Medical Bills To Form C-8.1B
- If the medical bill and narrative are already in the case folder, the submitter should complete the form and note the Document ID for the medical bill. A copy should not be attached.
- If the medical bill and narrative are not already in the case folder, and the submitter cannot attach it to the C-8.1B, then the medical bill and narrative can be submitted separately provided the following:
- The medical bill and narrative are submitted on the same day as the C-8.1B
- The medical bill and narrative are not also submitted by paper mail (which would create a duplicate in the case folder)
- It is noted on the C-8.1B form that the medical bill and narrative were submitted on the same day
Photos or images of the medical bill and narrative are acceptable submissions in lieu of scanned copies. Our scanning vendor has advised that photos taken on a mobile phone produce large documents that are not amenable to scanning. They recommend downloading the Genius Scan app onto a mobile phone and using the app to scan the medical bill. Genius Scan is a free download and produces image files that are smaller in size.
Forms should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org