The NYS Workers' Compensation Board Medical Portal is a web-based application that enables users to submit medical information and view Workers' Compensation Board information electronically. The Medical Portal is intended to create more efficient processes and enable greater levels of self-service and tracking, and ultimately improve the performance of the NYS workers' compensation system overall.
The Medical Portal will be available to multiple Board stakeholders, including medical providers, payers (which include insurance carriers, third-party administrators and self-insured employers), pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs) and Medical Review Organizations (MROs).
Functionality within the Medical Portal is specific to an individual user's role. Medical suppliers (ancillary medical providers) such as ambulance companies, durable medical equipment suppliers, inpatient hospitals, laboratories, mental health clinics, outpatient clinics, outpatient hospitals, pharmacy, psychiatric hospitals, or health care providers not listed on the Medical Portal Access and Administration for Health Care Providers web page may use the Medical Portal to:
- Get training on important topics relevant to the user's role.
- Access the MTG Lookup Tool
- Coming soon, users will also be able to access OnBoard: Limited Release from the Medical Portal to submit Request for Decision on Unpaid Medical Bill (Form HP-1.0)
What Should Medical Suppliers Do Now To Prepare?
- Submit request for an NY.Gov user ID and password to access the Medical Portal
- Learn about the role of the organization's administrator
- Watch for launch of OnBoard: Limited Release
Accessing the Medical Portal
Medical suppliers who would like to access the Medical Portal will need to request an NY.gov user ID and password.
This is separate and apart from an NY.gov ID that medical suppliers may have for another NYS agency (for example, Department of Motor Vehicles, Tax and Finance, etc.).
Get Notified about Medical Portal News
Stay informed about news on the NYS Workers' Compensation Board Medical Portal and other topics by subscribing for email updates: