Many insurance carriers are having their staff work from home during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency. To accommodate this situation, the Board has changed its guidance on submitting medical bills and attached reports. Please use the following guidelines:
Attaching Medical Bills To Form C-8.1B
- If the medical bill is already in the case folder, the submitter should complete the form and note the Document ID for the medical bill. A copy should not be attached.
- If the medical bill is not already in the case folder, and the submitter cannot attach it to the C-8.1B, then the medical bill can be submitted separately provided the following:
- The medical bill is submitted on the same day as the C-8.1B
- The medical bill is not also submitted by paper mail (which would create a duplicate in the case folder)
- It is noted on the C-8.1B form that the medical bill was submitted on the same day
A photo or image of the medical bill is an acceptable submission in lieu of a scanned copy; however, our scanning vendor has advised that photos taken on a mobile phone produce large documents that are not amenable to scanning. They recommend downloading the Genius Scan app onto a mobile phone and using the app to scan the medical bill. Genius Scan is a free download and produces image files that are smaller in size.
Forms should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org