The Certificate of Attestation of Exemption (CE-200) is completed by entities with no employees and/or out-of-state entities obtaining a contract or license in which all the work is being performed outside of New York State.
Using this online application, you can search for the CE-200. You can search by:
- an individual's name,
- business name,
- Federal Employers Identification Number, or
- Board assigned CE-200 certificate number.
Search results include:
- the certificate number,
- individual or business name,
- location and permit type,
- issuing governmental agency, and
- date certificate was issued.
If you find a business has a CE-200 and you know they are operating with employees, please submit an Employer Whistleblower Form to the Workers' Compensation Board. This form can be submitted online, or by mailing the paper version, or by calling (866) 571-6729.