Skip to Content

Workers' Compensation Board

Language Assistance: (877) 632-4996 | Language Access Policy | Español | Русский | Polski | 中文 | Italiano | Kreyòl ayisyen | 한국어

Volunteer Firefighter's and Volunteer Ambulance Worker's Guide to Workers' Compensation Benefits

How To File A Claim

Obtain form VAW-3 (ambulance workers) or VF-3 (firefighters), Claim for Benefits, from the nearest Board office, the Board web site (Forms for Volunteer Firefighters and Volunteer Ambulance Workers), or from the fire or ambulance district or company.

Notify one of the following individuals within 90 days of the injury. This may be in the form of a signed copy of a VAW-1 or VF-1:

  • Clerk of the board of supervisors of the county;
  • Town or Village Clerk;
  • Secretary of the fire or ambulance district or company; or
  • Comptroller or Chief Financial Officer of the city.

Mail a completed VAW-3 or VF-3 to the Board District Office nearest you. Claims must be filed within two years of an accident or two years from the date in which a death occurs.

You will be notified by mail if a hearing on your case is necessary.