When an organization completes the on-line registration to access Insurance Compliance Inquiry, the organization needs to appoint an administrator from their own organization. It is recommended that at least two Administrators be registered.
The following list describes the administrator's responsibilities:
- Add, Modify or Remove Users (user ID and password required)
ONLY the administrator can request user IDs and passwords for other employees within their organization. The administrator is also responsible for notifying the Workers' Compensation Board when users should no longer have access to Insurance Compliance Inquiry, for example, when an employee leaves the organization or an existing Administrator leaves the organization. It is recommended that at least two Administrators be registered.
- Assist users
The administrator is responsible for assisting other users in the organization regarding questions about how to use the Insurance Compliance Inquiry application. The administrator is the organization's liaison with the Workers' Compensation Board Help Desk. ALL problems or questions the administrator cannot answer or resolve need to be reported to the Board's Help Desk by the administrator.
- Primary contact with the Workers' Compensation Board
The administrator is the primary contact in the organization with respect to using the Insurance Compliance Inquiry web tool. As information is received from the Board, the administrator has the responsibility of disseminating that information to the appropriate people and registered users within the organization.
- The administrator is expected to assist the organizations users with business issues related to using Insurance Compliance Inquiry. An administrator should be familiar with the carriers business needs and processes.
- The administrator for insurance carriers, who have designated another organization access to Insurance Compliance Inquiry on their behalf, is responsible for notifying the Workers' Compensation Board if this designated organization will no longer be using Insurance Compliance Inquiry on their behalf.
- Example: Organization ABC has designated organization XYZ to access to Insurance Compliance Inquiry on their behalf. Organization ABC decides to end this arrangement with organization XYZ. The administrator for organization ABC must notify the Workers' Compensation Board that organization XYZ will no longer be accessing Insurance Compliance Inquiry for organization ABC.