eClaims Implementation Plan – Update
In March of 2012 the WCB announced the adoption of the IAIABC Standard for electronic claim filing. In October of 2012, the WCB published our final Requirement Tables, Implementation Guide, and Implementation Schedule. The following steps will assist claim administrators in their preparation for implementation:
- Review the Test and Implementation Schedule Rev. 3/28/2014 (MS Excel) immediately. The Test and Implementation Schedule is a listing of testing start dates for insurers and their associated Board assigned W Number. If the insurer is part of an insurance group, that insurance group is also noted. Insurers, insurance groups and TPAs (who are submitting for an insurer) can find their scheduled start date (Monday, unless Monday is a legal holiday, then the start date is Tuesday) by searching for the insurer's assigned W number. Through color-coding, the Board has attempted to group W numbers that TPAs, etc. have historically submitted for.
- Identify your assigned implementation date.
- Claim administrators not identified in the Implementation Schedule should immediately contact the WCB eClaims team at eClaims@wcb.ny.gov
If you have any questions about the date you have been scheduled for, please send an e-mail to eClaims@wcb.ny.gov with the word "Schedule" in the subject line. Specific instructions on the testing period, methods etc. are available in the Implementation Guide. The Trading Partner Registration process will be available in February 2013.
- Determine whether you will be submitting via flat file or through the WCB website.
- Any Insurers and/or TPAs using the services of and EDI Vendor to submit your FROI/SROI filings to WCB should coordinate with your EDI Vendor to ensure all parties are ready for your assigned implementation date.
- Read the eClaims Implementation Guide .
Specifically, the Testing Preparation and Activities can be found in section 2.6 Managing an eClaims Implementation. Section 3, eClaims Data Preparation and Testing will help you prepare for the testing time period defined for you in the Test and Implementation Schedule above.
Stakeholders should take advantage of the following resources in preparation of Testing and Implementation:
- An on-line training course published August 21, 2012.
- Subject Number 046-489 Workers' Compensation Board Announces Publication of eClaims Requirement Tables and Implementation Schedule for Mandatory EDI Claims Reporting announcing the finalized tables in October 2012
- Implementation Timeline
- PowerPoint slides for the Business 201/Technical 301 training published December 26, 2012 (Rev. 2/28/2013)
- Trading Partner Profile requirements and registration. Refer to Section 2.2 through 2.4 of Implementation Guide for additional information.
Please feel free to continue to send questions and inquiries to: eClaims@wcb.ny.gov
eClaims now has dedicated Examiners to answer your questions. You can contact us at 1-877-632-4996, Option 7 to speak with an eClaims Examiner today.