eClaims Implementation Guide
eClaims is the New York State Workers' Compensation Board's implementation of an electronic claim reporting standard for reports of injury filings. The WCB has adopted a national standard for claims reporting from the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC): Claims Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Release 3.0. The standard uses Electronic Data Interchange, commonly known as EDI, so that data can be transmitted electronically between the WCB and its EDI Trading Partners quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
The NYS eClaims Implementation Guide is designed to assist trading partners with the transition from the current paper-based process for filing injury reports to the electronic filing process of First Reports of Injury (FROI) and Subsequent Reports of Injury (SROI) using the IAIABC EDI Claims Release 3.0 standard. The WCB recommends that this Guide be used in conjunction with the IAIABC Claims Release 3.0 Implementation Guide.
The Guide and associated content listed below will provide detailed guidelines to prepare for testing and implementation with the NYS eClaims EDI project.
- New York State eClaims Implementation Guide Rev. 3/17/2014
- MTC Filing Instructions Rev. 6/23/2015 – Document created by NYS WCB which provides filing scenarios in accordance with the NYS Event Table.
- Data Entry Conventions Rev. 2/28/2013 – Recommended NYS eClaims data entry conventions for submitting electronic claim information.
- Legacy Claim Instructions Rev. 1/13/2014 – A legacy claim is any claim that already exists in the WCB database and has been assigned a JCN or WCB# at the time the claim administrator begins the use of EDI.
- NYS Business Scenarios Rev. 6/23/2015 – Scenarios have been created to provide direction to claim administrators on the proper reporting of claim information.
- Mapped Documents – The six mapped documents are current Board forms C-2, VF-2, VAW-2, C-669, C-7 and C-8/8.6 with the IAIABC data element numbers listed in the existing fields. These Board forms will be replaced with FROI/SROI upon implementation of eClaims.
- Sequencing Flow Chart – Document created by NYS WCB showing the flow of the Claim EDI process
- Today v EDI – Document created by NYS WCB showing the difference between filing paper forms today vs EDI after implementation
Please feel free to continue to send questions and inquiries to: eClaims@wcb.ny.gov
eClaims now has dedicated Examiners to answer your questions. You can contact us at 1-877-632-4996, Option 7 to speak with an eClaims Examiner today.