The Board anticipates that its adoption of the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions' (IAIABC) Claims Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Standard in New York will yield significant benefits, including:
- Improving the timely delivery of benefits to injured workers
- Providing seamless processing of information from the initial claims reporting source to the jurisdiction
- Providing a single, consistent data format
- Reducing paper handling costs to system participants outside the Board, i.e., handling, completing, and shipping
- Reducing high costs to the Board for handling, processing, and scanning paper documents as well as certain data entry costs
- Simplifying the Board's case assembly process
- Reducing duplicative claim form filings
- Decreasing the time it takes for claims information to be available to system stakeholders. Claim administrators filings would be available via ¹eCase within 24 hours of receipt.
- Increasing the quality and timeliness of information received by the Board. Over time, this benefit will increase efficiencies and drive performance in the processing of claims for all participants, with a direct benefit to injured workers.
- Increasing the availability of data for policy decisions
¹ eCase is a web application that allows parties to view the progress of claims for which they are listed as "Parties of Interest" (POIs). The eCase application allows you to view case information, party of interest contact information, and documents related to the case. Registration is required for this application.
Have Questions? eClaims now has dedicated Examiners to answer your questions. You can contact us at 1-877-632-4996, Option 7 to speak with an eClaims Examiner today.